Sunday 23 November 2008

Crofty's Nearly Back


The last few weeks have been some of the hardest but most worthwhile. In short, as I wrote a couple of weeks ago, we have been seeing off a loved one to the great beyond.It was a privilege to share in those last days despite the emotional toll.

I am not a great one for emotion, as many chaps aren't. But I keep getting ambushed:

Eddie Reader did it, for one. Do you remember her album The First of a Million Kisses? There I was minding my own business when I couldn't help but muse on the number of tender moments in the fifty eight year partnership that we have just seen the end of - at least in this life.

Then it was Tesco; having shopped for the dear old thing during his long illness, I was taken by surprise when I found one of his shopping lists in his tiny cramped writing in my pocket - that was an inconvenient moment in the bean aisle.

Still, move on we must and will. So, in answer to the anxious e-mails from the excellent Fuel My Blog team: yes, I have my stylish King of Shaves Razor and my tasty 9Bars and will be immersing myself in their offered qualities so to write a review shortly.

See you all soon.

No comments: